|154 S Murray Hallfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stillwater, OK 74078||405-744-5679 (To leave a message)|
- August 2012 — May 2018
- Ph.D, History; Oklahoma State University
- Major field of study: American West/Native American
- Minor field of study: Latin America
- Committee Chair: Michael Logan
- Passed Comprehensive Exams: April 2015
- Class of Note: Digital Preservation
- August 2010 - May 2012
- Master of Arts; University of Tulsa
- Thesis: “Conflicting Narratives: Wounded Knee, Vietnam, and the Question of Indian Identity”
- Committee: Dr. Brian Hosmer (Chair), Dr. Jeremy Kuzmarov, Dr. John Coward
- Graduated with a GPA of 3.625 out of 4.0
- August 2007 - May 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tulsa
- Majored in History with a minor in Political Science
- Graduated with a GPA of 3.08 out of 4.0
Review, Clyde Bellecourt with Jon Lurie, The Thunder Before The Storm: The Autobiography of Clyde Bellecourt. Native American and Indigenous Studies (Forthcoming).
Review, Alison K. Brown, First Nations, Museums, Narrations: Stories of the 1929 Franklin Motor Expedition to the Canadian Prairies. Native American and Indigenous Studies 3.2 (2016), 130-131.
Review, Susan Sleeper, et al., ed. Why You Can’t Teach United States History without American Indians. Chronicles of Oklahoma 93 (Fall 2015), 359-361.
“Recovering Lost Voices: American Americans and Women in Oklahoma Rodeos,” Western History Association Technology Committee Lightning Round, Western History Association, San Diego, California, November 2017.
“‘First we get rid of him, then we thank him:’ The American Indian International Tribunal’s Response to Ronald Reagan” Ethnohistory, Winnipeg, Canada, October 2017.
”‘[Dis]-uniting the Red People of the Western Hemisphere:’ The National Indian Youth Council in Latin America.” Native American and Indigenous Studies Association, Honolulu, Hawaii, May 2016.
“Uniting the Red People of the Western Hemisphere: Native Activists in Nicaragua.” Ethnohistory, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 2015.
“Red Power in a Global Context: AIM and the Vietnam War,” Native American and Indigenous Studies Association, Washington DC, June 2015.
- History 1103: Survey of American History (Fall 2016, Fall 2017, Spring 2018)
Oklahoma State University History Department
- Total enrollment between 135-270 students
- Supervised 1-2 teaching assistants per class
- August 2013 - Present
- Oklahoma State University History Department
- Graduate Teaching Associate
- Graded student assignments and led discussions sections for OSU’s introductory survey course. Average workload: 45 students per semester.
- Instructors of record: Dr. Kristen Shedd (Fall 2013, Spring 2014), Dr. Laura Arata (Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Spring 2017), Dr. Charles Hughes (Spring 2015), Dr. Douglas Miller (Spring 2016)
- January 2011 - May 2012
- University of Tulsa
- History Department Graduate Research Assistant
- Assisted three professors a semester with a variety of tasks including research, editing, and class work.
- November 2009 - May 2010
- University of Tulsa
- History Department Assistant
- Answered visitor questions and assisted professors with a variety of clerical tasks.
- Western History Graduate Student Prize (Fall 2017)
- Phi Alpha Theta National Honor Society Doctoral Scholarship, Fall 2017 ($1,000)
- Robberson Summer Dissertation Fellowship, Oklahoma State University Graduate College, Summer 2016 ($6,000)
- Competitive, university-wide award, nominated by department.
- Graduate Research Fellowship, Oklahoma State University Department of History, Spring 2016/2017 ($2,800)
- Second Place, Non-US Graduate Student Papers, Phi Alpha Theta 2016 Regional Conference, for “Uniting the Red People of the Western Hemisphere.”
- Phi Alpha Theta, Nu Chapter President (2014-2016)
- History Department Graduate Student Faculty Representative (Spring 2014)
- Graduate and Professional Student Government Association Representative (2015-2017)
- Judge, National History Day, Oklahoma State University, 2014, 2016
- Society for the Study of Ethnohistory
- Native American and Indigenous Studies Association
- Western History Association
- American Historical Association
- Organization of American Historians
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Phi Kappa Phi Inductee
- Competency in Spanish
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and comparable Apple alternatives
- Basic website building skills
- Available upon request